W.L. Weller Special Reserve a Kentucky Straight Bourbon Whiskey. The Original Wheated Bourbon Whiskey features an exceptionally smooth taste, substituting wheat for rye grain. Bottled at 90 proof, this American bourbon stands out with its burnt orange color. Its softer flavor notes make this bourbon great for sipping or making cocktails. Weller Special Reserve Bourbon features a sweet nose with a presence of caramel. Tasting notes of honey, butterscotch, and a soft woodiness. It's smooth, delicate and calm. Features a smooth finish with a sweet honeysuckle flair. W.L. Weller whiskey is named after William Larue Weller, a distiller who is credited by some as being the first to use wheat as the secondary grain in straight bourbon as opposed to the more commonly used rye. Weller Special Reserve is part of the Buffalo Trace Distillery family.
Weller Special Reserve bourbon maintains its abundant sweetness on the palate, delivering a tasty yet classic mix of honey, caramel, vanilla, and light fruit. A very slight amount of oak rounds things out. Spice fails to make an appearance, likely a result of the wheated mashbill and relatively low proof, but in doing so, allows the sweet flavors to really come forth. The resulting experience is a nice one, leaving little to complain about aside from its characteristically gentle delivery. The slightest amount of heat appears, followed by a more intense oak note than what came forth in the nose or palate. Honey and caramel reappear, turning a general oaky warmth back to sweeter notes to cap things off. Delicate overall, the finish bestows a well-rounded and quite pleasant ending to the sip.
A sweet nose with a presence of caramel. Tasting notes of honey, butterscotch, and a soft woodiness. It's smooth, delicate and calm. Features a smooth finish with a sweet honeysuckle flair.
- 2019 Gold Medal - New York World Spirits Competition
- 2019 Silver Outstanding Medal - Whiskies of the World
- 2019 Silver Medal - North American Bourbon & Whiskey Competition
- 2019 Gold Medal - Los Angeles International Spirits Competition
- 2019 Silver Medal - American Whiskey Masters
- 2019 Gold Medal - San Francisco World Spirits Competition
- 2019 Silver Medal - World Whiskies Awards
- 2019 Silver Medal - Denver International Spirits Competition
- 2018 Silver Medal - New York International Spirits Competition
- 2018 Gold Medal - Los Angeles International Spirits Competition
- 2018 Silver Medal - San Francisco World Spirits Competition
- 2018 "Excellent
- 2018 Silver Medal - Denver International Spirits Competition
Unfortunately, we can't ship to PO Boxes and APO addresses.
NOTE: Not Eligible for Return
By placing this item in your cart, you acknowledge that you are 21 years or older. A valid government issued ID (i.e. a valid driver's license, passport, or US Military ID) will be checked at the time of delivery to verify your age. If you do not provide a valid ID, we will not be able to deliver your order.
- Wooden Cork
Weller is always delish
There is no question that Weller is always amazing and the delivery was hassle-free and on time. Thanks!
Prices are reasonable and quick delivery….
Weller x two
Excellent. Identified what was ordered, when it was shipped and when it would arrive. Shipping package was outstanding. No chance of breakage.
Weller is always tasty
Always crisp and flavorful and at a great price….thx WC
Weller Special Reserve
Good bourbon. Smooth and flavorful. FedEx delivery was challenging.