The Website is intended exclusively for access or use by individuals who are 21 years of age or older. Persons under the age of 21 are not allowed to access or use the Website. We do not knowingly collect Personal Information (as defined below) from or about anyone under the age of 21. If you are under the age of 21, you should not attempt to access or use the Website or send any Personal Information about yourself to us. If we discover that we have collected Personal Information from or about anyone under the age of 21, we will delete that information within a reasonable time frame of being put on notice. If you believe that somebody under the age of 21 may have provided us with Personal Information or that we may have received Personal Information about somebody under the age of 21, please contact us as soon as possible at email@example.com. Please refer to our Terms of Service and Shipment and Return Policy for additional information about age verification and eligibility.
This Private Policy shall be read in conjunction with the Shipping and Return Policy and Terms of Agreement that can both be found at WoodenCork.com
INFORMATION WE COLLECT
1.2 “Non-Personal Information” means data in a form that does not, on its own, permit direct association with any specific individual. Examples of Non-Personal Information include your IP address and browser type.
1.3 Information You Provide. We collect and store information, which may include Personal Information, that you actively submit to us, such as your name, email address, account password, date of birth, billing information, phone number, delivery address and social media IDs.
1.6 Information Collected from Other Third Parties. We may obtain information about you, including Personal Information, from other third parties claiming a right to share your information with us, including through third-party advertising arrangements.
1.7 Information from Public Sources. We collect information that is publicly available. For example, information you submit in a public forum (e.g., a blog, chat room, or social network) may be read, collected or used by us and others. You are responsible for the information you choose to submit in any such forum.
HOW WE USE YOUR INFORMATION
2.1 We may use the information that you provide to us, that we collect from your device, and information we obtain from retailers, other third parties and public sources:
- to provide the Website, App and Service;
- to determine the retailer(s) that may fulfill your order request, where we should offer or focus services, features and/or resources, and how to improve our offerings;
- to determine demand for the Service in a particular geographic market and to notify you when the Service becomes available in your geographic location, unless you opt out from receiving such notice;
- to analyze our performance and evaluate strategies to support and enhance your access and use of the Website, in part by monitoring which features of the Website you and other users access or use most, and to attribute the sources of our traffic;
- to allow you to rate your purchases and view your purchase history; and to suggest other products that you might like based on your personalized profile;
- to recognize your device over time so we can customize the Website to your interests and tastes based on your prior activities;
- to obtain additional information about you from other third parties claiming a right to share your data with us so we can associate that information with information that we have collected so we may further customize your user experience;
- to notify you about new services or special promotional programs, or send you offers or information, and to measure the responsiveness to such communications and to our other advertising efforts;
- to enable you to take advantage of interactive features of the Website; for example, sharing a product review or participating in a rewards program;
- to administer sweepstakes and contests;
- to engage with you through social media, including through direct messaging;
- to serve you the correct application version depending on your device type;
- to diagnose and resolve problems with our Website or servers and for other technical and administrative troubleshooting purposes;
- to send you service-related announcements relating to the Website; for instance, if our Website is temporarily suspended for maintenance, we might send you an email notifying you; generally, you may not opt-out of these communications, which are not promotional in nature; if you do not wish to receive them, you have the option to deactivate your account;
- to provide customer service, such as to send you a welcoming email to the address you provide at registration to verify your username and password, communicate with you in response to your inquiries, provide the services you request, and manage your account; and
- to investigate and address fraudulent transactions and generally implement fraud prevention measures.
2.3 Aggregated Information; Non-Personal Information. We may aggregate your Personal and Non-Personal Information with other users’ information and gather broad demographic data about our users for many purposes, including so that we can improve the Website, and for business and administrative purposes.
DISCLOSURE OF YOUR INFORMATION
We share information collected from or about you only as follows:
3.1 Aggregated and Anonymized Data. Woodencork may share with or sell to third parties aggregated demographic information and Non-Personal Information about our user base, including information on how users interact with our Website, partners and advertisers for analysis, demographic profiling and to deliver targeted advertising about other products and services. We will only do so after either removing from such information anything that personally identifies you or combining it with other information so that it no longer personally identifies you.
3.2 Third-Party Analytics. We use third-party analytics services, such as Google Analytics, to evaluate the performance of various features of our Website, and to evaluate the overall performance of our Website. We also use such services to understand whether and how specific users or users meeting a certain profile are taking advantage of certain features of our Website and/or making use of our Website generally. For more information about web analytics, including information on setting preferences for or opting out of certain data collection, please visit Google Analytics. If you choose to opt-out, some of the features of the Website may not be fully functional for you.
3.3 Third-Party Service Providers. We may employ third party companies and individuals to facilitate our Website to provide the Website on our behalf, provide customer support, perform Website-related services (e.g., without limitation, maintenance services, hosting, database management and improvement of the Website’s features) or to assist us in analyzing how our Website is used. These third parties are authorized to access and use your Personal Information only to perform these tasks on our behalf.
3.4 Law Enforcement. We will disclose information about you to government or law enforcement officials or private parties as we, at our sole discretion, believe necessary or appropriate to respond to claims and legal process (including but not limited to subpoenas), to protect the property and rights of Woodencork or a third party, to protect the safety of the public or any person, or to prevent or stop activity we may consider to be, or to pose a risk of being, an illegal, unethical or legally actionable activity.
ADDITIONAL IMPORTANT NOTICES
5.1 Updating Your Personal Information and Preferences; Opting Out. You may update your Personal Information and preferences at any time by making the change on our user information page. If you have received an email invitation to use our Website but do not wish to receive marketing or other promotional messages or additional invitations in the future, you may opt out by following the instructions in the email invitation. We will take commercially reasonable steps to implement your opt-out requests promptly, but you may still receive communications from us for up to 30 days from the time you opt-out as we process your request.
5.4 Invitations to Woodencork. If you choose to invite an individual to use the Service, you will need to provide his or her name and email address. Woodencork stores this information to send an invitation to such individual and to track the results of the invitation referral. You may not provide the name or email address of anyone under 21 years of age.
5.5 Public Forums. Our Website and App may offer you access to publicly accessible blogs or community forums. You should be aware that any information you provide in these areas may be read, collected, and used for any purpose by others who access them. We are not responsible for Personal Information or other information you choose to submit in these areas. To request removal of your Personal Information from our blogs or community forums, contact us at firstname.lastname@example.org. In some cases, we may not be able to remove your Personal Information, in which case we will let you know if we are unable to do so and explain why.
5.6 Security. All information we collect is securely stored within our database, and we use standard, industry-wide, commercially reasonable security practices such as 128-bit encryption, firewalls and SSL (Secure Socket Layers). However, as effective as encryption technology is, no security system is impenetrable. We cannot guarantee the security of our database, nor can we guarantee that information you supply won’t be intercepted while being transmitted to us over the Internet, and any information you transmit to Woodencork is done so at your own risk. We recommend that you use unique numbers, letters and special characters in your password and not disclose your password to anyone. If you do share your password or personal information with others, you are responsible for all actions taken in the name of your account. Please review our Terms of Service for additional information. If your password has been compromised for any reason, you should immediately notify us at email@example.com and change your password.
5.7 If you provide us with Personal Information, you consent to the transfer and storage of that information on our servers located in the United States.
5.8 California Privacy Rights. If you are a California resident, you have the right to request certain information regarding our disclosure of Personal Information to third parties for their direct marketing purposes. To make such a request, please contact us at firstname.lastname@example.org.