W.L. Weller Special Reserve a Kentucky Straight Bourbon Whiskey. The Original Wheated Bourbon Whiskey features an exceptionally smooth taste, substituting wheat for rye grain. Bottled at 90 proof, this American bourbon stands out with its burnt orange color. Its softer flavor notes make this bourbon great for sipping or making cocktails. Weller Special Reserve Bourbon features a sweet nose with a presence of caramel. Tasting notes of honey, butterscotch, and a soft woodiness. It's smooth, delicate and calm. Features a smooth finish with a sweet honeysuckle flair. W.L. Weller whiskey is named after William Larue Weller, a distiller who is credited by some as being the first to use wheat as the secondary grain in straight bourbon as opposed to the more commonly used rye. Weller Special Reserve is part of the Buffalo Trace Distillery family.
Weller Special Reserve bourbon maintains its abundant sweetness on the palate, delivering a tasty yet classic mix of honey, caramel, vanilla, and light fruit. A very slight amount of oak rounds things out. Spice fails to make an appearance, likely a result of the wheated mashbill and relatively low proof, but in doing so, allows the sweet flavors to really come forth. The resulting experience is a nice one, leaving little to complain about aside from its characteristically gentle delivery. The slightest amount of heat appears, followed by a more intense oak note than what came forth in the nose or palate. Honey and caramel reappear, turning a general oaky warmth back to sweeter notes to cap things off. Delicate overall, the finish bestows a well-rounded and quite pleasant ending to the sip.
A sweet nose with a presence of caramel. Tasting notes of honey, butterscotch, and a soft woodiness. It's smooth, delicate and calm. Features a smooth finish with a sweet honeysuckle flair.
- 2019 Gold Medal - New York World Spirits Competition
- 2019 Silver Outstanding Medal - Whiskies of the World
- 2019 Silver Medal - North American Bourbon & Whiskey Competition
- 2019 Gold Medal - Los Angeles International Spirits Competition
- 2019 Silver Medal - American Whiskey Masters
- 2019 Gold Medal - San Francisco World Spirits Competition
- 2019 Silver Medal - World Whiskies Awards
- 2019 Silver Medal - Denver International Spirits Competition
- 2018 Silver Medal - New York International Spirits Competition
- 2018 Gold Medal - Los Angeles International Spirits Competition
- 2018 Silver Medal - San Francisco World Spirits Competition
- 2018 "Excellent
- 2018 Silver Medal - Denver International Spirits Competition
Unfortunately, we can't ship to PO Boxes and APO addresses.
NOTE: Not Eligible for Return
21+ Signature required
- Wooden Cork
Love this bourbon!!
This is a great whiskey and I am grateful that you guys keep it in stock!!
Good stuff and can be hard to find
Weller of Bourbon Knowledge
Received today and just poured a glass for my bourbon buddy and myself. Great service from Wooden Cork and a fantastic bottle! Smooth and just right for this time of year! Cheers friends
Great service every time I buy
Delivery and packaging was excellent and recieved it in the time it stated it would arrive