W.L. Weller Special Reserve a Kentucky Straight Bourbon Whiskey. The Original Wheated Bourbon Whiskey features an exceptionally smooth taste, substituting wheat for rye grain. Bottled at 90 proof, this American bourbon stands out with its burnt orange color. Its softer flavor notes make this bourbon great for sipping or making cocktails. Weller Special Reserve Bourbon features a sweet nose with a presence of caramel. Tasting notes of honey, butterscotch, and a soft woodiness. It's smooth, delicate and calm. Features a smooth finish with a sweet honeysuckle flair. W.L. Weller whiskey is named after William Larue Weller, a distiller who is credited by some as being the first to use wheat as the secondary grain in straight bourbon as opposed to the more commonly used rye. Weller Special Reserve is part of the Buffalo Trace Distillery family.
Weller Special Reserve bourbon maintains its abundant sweetness on the palate, delivering a tasty yet classic mix of honey, caramel, vanilla, and light fruit. A very slight amount of oak rounds things out. Spice fails to make an appearance, likely a result of the wheated mashbill and relatively low proof, but in doing so, allows the sweet flavors to really come forth. The resulting experience is a nice one, leaving little to complain about aside from its characteristically gentle delivery. The slightest amount of heat appears, followed by a more intense oak note than what came forth in the nose or palate. Honey and caramel reappear, turning a general oaky warmth back to sweeter notes to cap things off. Delicate overall, the finish bestows a well-rounded and quite pleasant ending to the sip.
A sweet nose with a presence of caramel. Tasting notes of honey, butterscotch, and a soft woodiness. It's smooth, delicate and calm. Features a smooth finish with a sweet honeysuckle flair.
- 2019 Gold Medal - New York World Spirits Competition
- 2019 Silver Outstanding Medal - Whiskies of the World
- 2019 Silver Medal - North American Bourbon & Whiskey Competition
- 2019 Gold Medal - Los Angeles International Spirits Competition
- 2019 Silver Medal - American Whiskey Masters
- 2019 Gold Medal - San Francisco World Spirits Competition
- 2019 Silver Medal - World Whiskies Awards
- 2019 Silver Medal - Denver International Spirits Competition
- 2018 Silver Medal - New York International Spirits Competition
- 2018 Gold Medal - Los Angeles International Spirits Competition
- 2018 Silver Medal - San Francisco World Spirits Competition
- 2018 "Excellent
- 2018 Silver Medal - Denver International Spirits Competition
Unfortunately, we can't ship to PO Boxes and APO addresses.
NOTE: Not Eligible for Return
21+ Signature required
Fantastic price for this size
Packaged well. Thanks.
Very smooth and easy to drink. Delivery was easy. Good job.
Best bourbon ever
I love this bourbon! It's so smooth and great on the rocks with a splash of water
Whole experience was great but this is an amazing bourbon. As good as ones that are 5 times the price