Originally operating as Worsham Distilling Company, Kentucky Peerless Distilling Company began in Henderson, Kentucky in the early 1880s. In 1889, Peerless Whiskey production began to flourish under the leadership of the entrepreneur. and our ancestor, Henry Kraver.
Kraver wasted no time making upgrades to machinery and investing in additional warehouses that eventually became U.S. Federally Bonded following the Bottled-in-Bond Act of 1897. Thus, production of Peerless whiskey raised substantially from eight to over two hundred barrels a day.
Through the early 1920s, the Peerless federally-bonded warehouses were used for whiskey storage under the armed protection of the U.S. Government. During Prohibition, Peerless product was one of the few available by prescription for medicinal use.
The original Kentucky Peerless Distilling Co. was Distilled Spirits Plant (DSP) number 50. Today, we are privileged to have that same number. The newly assigned DSP numbers are in the 20,000s. We are very happy to say DSP-KY-50 is our own.
Not only have Corky and Carson personally revived the Peerless heritage, they have restored history in designing and rebuilding the remarkable distillery as it exists in downtown Louisville today.
The Peerless distillery is now a state-of-the-art facility with cutting-edge technology, making it one of the most automated distilleries. All under one roof, select Kentucky Peerless grains are milled, cooked, fermented, double-distilled, barreled and bottled as bourbon and rye whiskey.