Wine and spirits merchant Berry Bros & Rudd has bottled a new range of single malt whiskies selected by, and named after, the company’s brands heritage director, Ronnie Cox.Ronnie’s Reserve comprises seven casks – six of which will be available to buy from tomorrow (25 January) in-store and online via Berry Bros & Rudd, with the seventh scheduled to launch in June this year. The casks chosen for the range span four decades, with two bottlings from the 1960s, two from the 1970s, one from the 1980s and two from the 1990s. Cox said: “Over the 30 years of working with this Speyside distillery I have the enviable task of nosing several hundred casks, and in my view, these seven casks stand alone as examples of supremacy. “I didn’t need the keys to the distillery, a bung remover and a nosing glass. I had had my eye on these casks for many years and I count myself as incredibly fortunate to be able to select these whiskies to bottle under my name.” The Ronnie’s Reserve collection includes:
- Ronnie’s Reserve, Speyside Single Malt Scotch Whisky, Tempus Fugit 1968 Cask No 13497 (51.6% ABV). Only 65 bottles will be available for RRP £3,800 (US$4,973) each.
- Ronnie’s Reserve, Speyside Single Malt Scotch Whisky, Curriculum Vitae 1969 Cask No 16202 (46.3% ABV). A total of 122 bottles are available, priced at RRP £3,600 (US$4,712).
- Ronnie’s Reserve, Speyside Single Malt Scotch Whisky, 1975 Cask No 10619 (45.5% ABV). There are 166 bottles of this whisky available at an RRP of £1,500 (US$1,963) each.
- Ronnie’s Reserve, Speyside Single Malt Scotch Whisky, 1979 Cask No 5454 (49.9% ABV). Priced at RRP £1,000 (US$1,309) a bottle, only 196 have been made.
- Ronnie’s Reserve, Speyside Single Malt Scotch Whisky, 1989 Cask No 10415 (54% ABV). A total of 114 bottles have been released with a price tag of RRP £500 (US$654).
- Ronnie’s Reserve, Speyside Single Malt Scotch Whisky, 1992 Cask No 4597 (51.7% ABV). Only 67 bottles are up for grabs, priced at RRP £250 (US$327) each.
- Ronnie’s Reserve, Speyside Single Malt Scotch Whisky, 1995 Cask No 12040 (53.2% ABV). A total of 210 bottles have been launched for RRP £175 (US$230).