Scotch collectors, start your engines.
Diageo has revealed the full details for their 2019 Special Release series of limited-edition, cask-strength Scotch whiskies.
Featuring expressions from famous distilleries, as well as those less known or even closed, these bottlings are annually some of the most sought-after whiskies on the planet.
The 2019 collection includes:
- Cardhu 14-Year-Old: A small batch double matured for two years in Amontillado sherry-seasoned hogsheads
- Cragganmore 12-Year-Old: A smoky Speyside classic, matured in refill American oak casks
- Dalwhinnie 30-Year-Old: Highland malt with over thirty years of maturation in refill hogsheads and butts
- Lagavulin 12-Year-Old: Powerfully peaty, a small batch of Lagavulin matured in refill American oak casks
- Mortlach 26-Year-Old: A small batch of “The Beast of Dufftown” matured in first-fill Pedro Ximenez/Oloroso-seasoned casks
- Pittyvaich 29-Year-Old: A 1989 ghost, double matured in Pedro Ximenez and Oloroso sherry seasoned casks
- Talisker 15-Year-Old: Smoky, made by the sea, the first ever release of Talisker as a 15 year old, matured in freshly charred American oak hogshead
- The Singleton of Glen Ord 18-Year-Old: A previously unreleased expression of a fruit and spiced expression, oak matured in freshly charred American oak hogshead
As with the 2018 release and all previous series, these are nationally available, but on a very limited scale.
“Discerning drinkers around the world will delight in this new collection,” says Ewan Gunn, Diageo global whisky master. “From the hand-selected single malt Scotch to the visually arresting bottles, they each tell a strong story of the extraordinary place and the people who have shaped each dram. These prestigious and limited-edition bottlings offer fans an opportunity to collect and explore some of our rarest stocks.”
The post Diageo Unveils 2019 Special Release Scotch Whisky Series first appeared on Beverage Dynamics.